Blog Post 1

The topic that I chose to research for my Genius Hour is: How to make a successful YouTube channel. I chose this topic because it has always interested me how people can make a living off of videoing themselves playing video games or vlogging (video logging) their lives. In this project I plan on learning the different ways Youtubers make money - and how they make their videos succeed. My main inquiry question is "how do people who start with zero followers, gain enough of a following to make a career off of YouTube?" I plan on researching general questions about YouTube as a platform, and then diving deeper into the process that certain individuals took to become famous. I want to learn and practice how to edit videos as well. I will represent my information through the form of a video that I will learn to edit and it will include pictures and information on the research that I did. For my expert work, I am going to contact a friend of mine who became big off of YouTube and now makes videos as her full time job. I am going to contact her and hopefully get her to answer some questions on how she started her channel, how it become a source of income for her, and how she learned to edit her footage. For my representation I will need to prepare a video that includes all of my information that I researched and gained from my expert. Staying focused on the task at hand is going to be important so I do not waste work periods. 

Some struggles I predict may happen:

1. I might have some issues finding information on how people make money off of YouTube, because I am guessing it is different for everyone.

2. Learning how to edit a video could take lots of time - hopefully I can watch tutorials and learn that way.

Comments

Popular Posts